We would like to inform you that Cash app and Venmo payment gateways are two separate entities. Both payment gateways have different application controls, like Cash app payment gateway is managed by Square Inc. and Venmo payment gateway is managed by PayPal. The two payment gateways are not associated with each other. Hence, users cannot transfer payments directly from Cash app to Venmo user. However, there is an indirect way to make payment from Cash app to Venmo or vice versa.
In the post, we have updated crucial information that will help users to perform transactions from Cash app to Venmo user. However, this process is a time-taking task, and users will have to perform several steps for achieving the goal. Kindly follow the below example for better understanding.
Steps to transfer money from Cash App to Venmo User
We have mentioned the only possible method for transferring funds from Cash app to Venmo, and the method can be divided into three parts.
These three parts are:
1.Depositing money from Cash app wallet to the linked bank account.
2. Link the same bank account to Venmo account for adding money.
3. Then users can initiate the transactions from Cash app to Venmo by using the same bank account.
We would like to explain the three parts with a scenario where Cash App user (A) wants to transfer the amount to Venmo App user (B)
- Following step 1 cash app user (A) has to install Venmo and link the same bank account which is there on Cash App.
- In step 2 user (A) can now transfer the amount from his cash app wallet to linked bank account.
- In step 3 user (A) can add funds to his Venmo account (from the same bank account linked to Cash App) which is to be transferred to Venmo user (B).
- Finally on step 4 once the funds are added to the Venmo wallet user (A) he can transfer the funds to user (B) Venmo wallet easily as both are on the same platform.
Note: In order to transfer the funds from Venmo app to Cash app, same scenario has to be followed.
In the next section, we have provided the steps to deposit money from Cash app wallet to the linked bank account.
Steps to deposit money from Cash App wallet to the linked bank account:
As most of you are aware now users will have to deposit their wallet balance into the linked bank account to transfer the fund to a Venmo account. Follow the below mentioned steps:-
- Tap on the dollar icon to check Cash App balance.
- Now click on the “Cash Out” option.
- Enter the amount that you would like to deposit in the linked bank account.
- Click on the “Cash out” option as indicated in the image below.
- Now, select the mode of the transaction i.e Instant or Standard.
- Enter “PIN” to authenticate.
- At last click on the “Next” option to confirm.
Following the above simple steps users can deposit the money from Cash app account to the linked bank account. In the next section, we have provided the information on the second part of transferring money from Cash app to Venmo, and that is to add money on Venmo account from the same bank account.
Steps to link and add money from the bank account to Venmo account: –
- Open the Venmo app on your phone.
- Login to your Venmo account.
- Now, click on the “Menu Bar” as shown in the image below.
- Select the “Setting” option.
- Tap on the “Payment Methods”.
- Now click on the “Add Bank or Card” option.
- Tap on the “Bank” option.
- Now, add your Bank details.
- Now add money to do the transaction.
After following the above steps of adding money to Venmo account, now the user should follow Venmo instructions to make payment to any Venmo user.
Wrapping up: This blog consist of a simplistic view of transferring money from Cash app to Venmo; we have updated the blog where a user can transfer the funds using an alternative method to Venmo user from Cash app account.
Cash App users can easily re-deposit the money from their Cash app wallet balance to linked bank account and there are two methods to deposit the funds: Standard and Instant Deposit. Standard deposit takes 1-3 days which is free; however, using the Instant method users are charged 1.5% fees.
Cash app and Venmo are different payment platforms; both platforms have different parental controls; moreover, both are associated with different banks. Hence, Cash app users cannot transfer money to Venmo users or vice versa.
There is no direct way to send money on Cash app from Venmo; however, the user can opt for an alternative method. First, the user has to deposit his Cash app wallet balance to his linked bank account and then add that linked bank account to Venmo account; then, he can send money from his Venmo account to another Venmo user.
Venmo founded in 2009 in the U.S., headed by Paypal, a renowned payment gateway working across the Globe.